Fruity breaky cake
You know that I am all about easy and healthy food, and what better than a nutritious cake you can eat at any time of the day, and make in a blender?!
This cake is yummy cold or warmed up, by itself or topped with coconut yogurt, maple syrup and fruit, and is a great way of using up your fruit that has been sitting in the fridge for a little too long.
The fruits in it create a natural sweetness, and you can definitely make this without an added sweetener if you prefer. You can also switch up the fruits to suit your preference and tolerance.
150g banana flour (or your choice of flour or oats)
100g coconut flour
50-100g desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground ginger
10-20 strawberries (optional)
200-250g blueberries (optional)
1/4- 1/3 small pineapple (optional)
250mls coconut milk/coconut yogurt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 tablespoons – ¼ cup maple syrup (optional)
*Extra berries, coconut, cinnamon for topping (optional)*
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, except the berries.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add the berries for a gentle blitz.
- Pour into tray. Top with sliced strawberries, blueberries, coconut and/or cinnamon, and lightly press into mix.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until firm and brown.
- Store in airtight container.