Lime Tree Cookies
2 cups almond meal
1/4 cup protein powder, coconut (desiccated/shredded/flour), or more almond meal
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup liquid sweetener (I use maple syrup and date paste)
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut butter
- Preheat the oven at 170 c
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together. Make sure the nut butter and oil are melted/runny
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and combine well.
- Depending on the juiciness of your limes, you may need to adjust the mix until you have a cookie dough texture by adding more almond meal/coconut/protein powder, or by adding more juice.
- Roll the mix into balls and place onto a tray lined with baking paper
- Press your thumb into the centre of each ball. You want a deep dent that does not extend to the edges
- Remove and allow to cool
- Melt the coconut butter and add to a bowl
- Stir the mixture until smooth
- If you want a smooth, creamy texture, add yogurt
- If you want a sweeter icing, add liquid sweetener
- When the cookies have cooled, scoop dollops of the icing into the dents in the cookies
- Store in an airtight container. If you pop them in the fridge, the icing will set, and the cookies will keep longer
Happy baking, and if the lime tree gives you too many limes, make lime cookies!!