This month will be full of special posts to get us ready for the festive season! Just because you have restricted diets, or because you have chronic health issues, does not mean you have to miss out on the festive cheer! I will bring you ideas on how to be part of this Christmas season.
This week’s extra posts will revolve around a surprise recipe which will be revealed in its entirety this Foodie Friday. The large (but easy) recipe will be broken down, and the first part of this recipe will be….
Strawberry tea jelly!
1 1/2 cups of boiling water
2 jasmine green tea bags
1 ginger tea bag
3 teaspoons of gelatin
1/4 cup of orange juice
2 cups of strawberries
1-3 tablespoons of maple syrup (optional)
1. Add the gelatin into the boiling water in a small bowl and stir constantly til it is dissolved.
2. Steep the tea bags in the boiling water and gelatin mix. Set aside til the tea is strong.
3. Blend the strawberries in a food processor.
4. Sieve the fruit puree into a large bowl, so that the strawberry seeds are removed.
5. Stir the orange juice into the strawberry puree.
6. Add the maple syrup if desired.
7. Remove the tea bags from boiling water. Pour the tea into the fruit mixture.
8. Stir until well combined. Cover the bowl with cling wrap.
9. Place the jelly mix into the fridge til set; at least 2 hours.
You can choose different teas, fruit and juice to use for the jelly, depending on your favourite flavours.