I hope that you are excited! It is our first Christmas Foodie Friday for 2014! That means the great reveal of this week’s big recipe, which has slowly unfolded over the week.
Did you guess what it is?!
What does a combination of strawberry jelly, ice cream, chocolate sauce, and banana bread turn into?!….
Christmas Trifle (1 serve)
Choose your favourite long or large glass, or pretty bowl suitable for a trifle.
- Start off with 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate sauce
- Place a jiggly layer of 3-4 large tablespoons of strawberry tea jelly
- Then scoop on 3-4 large tablespoons of mint ice cream
- Break up a few chunks of choc chip banana bread over the ice cream
- Top that with 3-4 large tablespoons of strawberry ice cream
- Pour on 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate sauce
- Sprinkle the top with a combination of shredded coconut, dried strawberries, cacao nibs, cinnamon, and crushed nuts.
I hope that you enjoy this Christmas coloured trifle! Such a decadent treat packed with nutrition! Double score!