These brownies are incredibly fluffy, and melt in the mouth with creaminess and deliciousness! And of course, they are gluten, grain, egg, dairy and nut free. low in FODMAPs, actually contain fruit and veggies, and are really good for you! Amazing! Don’t be put off by the veggie content – I promise that you can not tell it is there.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 large banana
1/4 – 1/2 ripe large avocado
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup banana flour
3/4 cup cacao
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 – 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
*I am all about ease and speed when it comes to baking, so I throw these ingredients into a food processor, and I think the end result is great – fluffy and light – but if you want to use an electric mixer, and whisk them in separate steps, go for it!*
- Line a baking tin and preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place all the ingredients, except the dark chocolate and nuts, into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate, and nuts (if using).
- Pour into lined baking tin.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out dry.
- Let the brownies cool and make the ganache.
1 ripe large avocado
1/4 cup cacao
1/4 – 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate
3 – 5 tbsp maple syrup (or more if preferred)
1/2 – 1 tsp peppermint (or orange, vanilla, almond etc) extract (optional)
- Place the ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend until completely combined and smooth.
- Spread the ganache over the cool brownies.
- You can sprinkle the top with crushed candy canes (suitable for this time of year!), desiccated coconut, nuts, or anything else that takes your fancy!