I am a self confessed chocoholic, and thankfully, I have not had to let this go with all my food intolerances (apart from a few phases of elimination diets – but they won’t take it from me!). The great thing about having to reassess what type of chocolate I eat, is that I now consume a treat which is actually full of nutrients and healthy fats, and low in sugar. I make a raw chocolate, which is easy and simple to make. It is such a quick recipe that you can satisfy your chocolate cravings almost immediately! It can also be flavoured to suit your tastebuds and creativity. All these attributes make this chocolate pretty darn amazing, I think. Life is about finding things which make you happy. Instead of denying yourself something you love, alter it so that it is good for you!
- Mix together ingredients until well combined.
- Pour into a shallow tray.
- Sprinkle with your favourite additions. Try these ideas: zest of one lime and one orange plus a handful of cacao nibs…. Shredded coconut…. Smashed frozen raspberries… Crushed nuts… Or stir into the mixture 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon of mint essence, or 1 – 2 teaspoons of rosewater.
- Set it in the freezer for at least 1/2 – 1 hour.
- This keeps well in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer so that you are always ready for those chocolate craving moments!
Yum!!! I love this recipe, thank you for sharing it lovely!
Thanks so much Lennae 🙂 x