Using vegetables in sweet baking is an intriguing prospect! The idea of consuming one of your daily veggie serves while eating chocolatey goodness is exciting! So, I have come up with a simple, low fructose, gluten free, dairy free, egg free recipe for brownies using zucchinis!
The zucchini is low in calories, and high in vitamins and antioxidants that can improve digestive, prostrate and heart health, prevent cancer, and assist with anti inflammatory properties.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a 9×9 inch brownie pan with baking paper.
- Mix together the following ingredients in a bowl:
- 1 cup of almond butter
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1/3 cup of rice syrup
- Egg replacement powder for one 1 egg, or 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 5 tbsp water for >15 minutes.
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of GF baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts/almonds/hazelnuts
4. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp rice syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
Spread this mixture over the cooked brownies, and let it set in the fridge.
Store in the fridge, and enjoy this guilt free, healthy treat!